Provision of information in writing according to the Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003, the so called „Code on data protection“
In compliance with article 13 of the Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003, we INFORM that the Dr. Friedrich Teßmann Library processes the personal data of its readers and internet users, as well as of persons who wilfully communicate their personal data to our administration office or our circulation desk (personally by filling in the registration form and/or the internet registration form or via telephone or fax).
According to the legal requirements, the library ensures that the personal data are processed taking into account the fundamental rights and freedoms as well as the dignity of the person concerned paying special attention to secrecy, the personal identity and the right on the protection of personal data.
The objectives and purposes of data processing are:
- To comply with legal duties and with duties specified in regulations, Community legislation and civil and fiscal laws,
- To fulfil contractual obligations towards the person concerned and enable him or her to borrow and make reservations for books, periodicals, magazines etc.; to consign overdue notices so that the books are being returned and to provide Internet access,
- To perform different activities connected with the direction of the library like filling in internal statistics and for accounting and bookkeeping.
In relation to the above mentioned objectives your personal data will in case of need be forwarded to:
- the public administration offices and authorities if this is stated by the law
- all natural persons and/or legal entities and public and/or private persons (legal advisers, administrative offices, tax consultants, Courts, Chambers of Commerce etc.) if it proves necessary or useful for the performance of our activity and if it happens in the way above mentioned and according to the respective objectives.
The personal data processed by our entity will not be disseminated.
The data processing operations can be executed with or without the aid of electronic or automated devices and comprises all procedures described in Article 4, Section 1, Letter a of the Legislative decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003 necessary for data processing. In any case, data processing operations are executed respecting all safety measures which ensure the safety and secrecy of the data.
The data protection law offers the person concerned the possibility to execute certain rights described in article 7. In particular, the data subject has the right to know which personal data concerning him/herself the institution holds, to know whether the institution holds data concerning his/her person at all, even if they have not yet being saved, and the person concerned has also the right to receive further comprehensible information concerning these data, where they were taken from and why and for what reason or purpose they are being processed. Furthermore, the concerned person has the right to be informed on the institution holding the data, the person responsible for the data processing and persons and categories of persons to whom these data might be passed on. The person concerned has the right to confirm, check, rectify, complete or ask for the deletion or blocking of his/her data or that the data might be transformed into anonymous data if the data processing contravenes the legal requirements. Giving a valid reason the person concerned has the right to fully or partially deny the processing of his/her data as well as to ask for them to be erased, blocked or transformed into anonymous data.
The rights of ownership can be asserted by the person concerned or by a person he/her appointed via recorded delivery letter or e-mail (email@example.com) to our person responsible ( Dr. Karin Pircher c/o Landesbibliothek „Dr. Friedrich Teßmann“, A. Diaz Str. 8, 39100 Bozen).
Holder of the data processing is the autonomous entity Dr. Friedrich Teßmann Library, located in A. Diaz Str. 8, 39100 Bozen, in the person of the president pro tempore.