Mission statement of the Dr. Friedrich Teßmann Library
1. With its universal collection and its unique collection of regional literature, the Dr. Friedrich Teßmann Library is the best known and most important library of the Province of South Tyrol.
2.With its broad range of scientific media, the different services and the competent and friendly personnel the library significantly shapes the cultural life of the province and thus supports South Tyrol as an educational and business location.
3. The Dr. Friedrich Teßmann Library sees itself as:
Information centre: Scientific universal library for the promotion of research, vocational training and further education
Centre for documentation: Collection in the field of civilisation and culture for the preservation and transmission of the cultural heritage
Centre for communication: Studying and communication venue.
4. The Teßmann Library has the task to index and provide mainly German and Ladin language media.
Principles of action
5. We make sure that all kinds of information, including the electronic media, are available and can be provided quickly. We thus support the ability of the South Tyrolean citizens to use information in a critical way.
6. We use modern technologies and management instruments to fulfil our tasks. For this aim we furthermore co-operate with local, national and international institutions that appreciate us as competent partners.
7. Our intern organisation is characterized by clear workflows, teamwork, a co-operative managerial style and a pleasant working atmosphere. We satisfy our client’s challenging demands with our professional and communicative competence, assured by further education courses we attend at regular intervals.
8. We see the library as a place of knowledge and communication in an agreeable atmosphere. To offer you a quality stay, we provide a friendly and pleasing ambience, neat and light rooms and relaxing facilities.
9. As the personnel of a service-oriented institution we take into account our user’s needs. Their satisfaction is the quality criterion for our work. Our success lies in the individual and global consultation we offer the user so as to facilitate the sourcing of the desired information.
10. We use our resources in an adequate and financially sensible way to efficiently and constantly better our services..
11. Through our active and targeted public relations activity we promote the profile and the reputation of the library.